Friday, August 14, 2009

Tryste Lounge ~ D.C.


So I study art in school, I am a painter, and art in general is pretty much my OTHER interest besides food. So last night in D.C. Patrick and I were searching mainly for a desert place for Patrick so he could get his chocolate fix subdued. I wanted food as I usually do, so I came across this place called Tryste on the interwebs...

http://www.trystdc.com/

It was just amazing and fun. It was very dim, with trendy music booming. We sat at a large table in the middle that sat about 8 people and ordered up some amazing eats. I tried to snap a few pics with my phone..
That poor guy didn't see it coming. :) Anywho, they have awesome original art (for sale- lovin' it!) and it had the overall feel of the nightclubs that were in the surrounding Adam's-Morgan neighborhood. I had a delish salad and a cup of Gazpacho...mm (sorry for lack of picture but it was too dim!) I'd never had gazpacho before but it was really surprisingly good. It was about a half mile from the metro but the surrounding neighborgood was really quaint and fun. Patrick ended up getting a frozen mocha and a huge belgian waffle. Just Awesome!

No comments: