Friday, August 14, 2009

Thai Food from Eastern Market , DC



I love love love love loveeeee Eastern Market in D.C. It's about as close as I get to being a "kid in a candy shop".

http://www.easternmarketdc.com/

(I think it's partly due to the fact that in the area of Houston which we live there are like NO farmer's markets, no fresh markets or food of any kind...)

So anyways, we shopped around Eastern Market a bit, I bought some beautiful little tomatoes and a chocolate mousse cupcape (OMG!). And then later we headed over to this awesome little Thai food place down the street...

We shared Curry Puffs..basically potato/chicken/curry in a little empanada/puff pastry ...very good served with a sweet cucumber-onion sauce:



We both got salads that were basically different ingrediants layered on top of lettuce. I had the green papaya salad and Patrick had the Pla Goong which was like a spicy/ sour salad with shrimp. They were both really really good.

No comments: